Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Freeze-dry (a substance)‘the resulting precipitate was dissolved in benzene and lyophilized to give a powder’
dried, freeze-dried, dehydratedView synonyms
- ‘Cell wall material was then lyophilized and weighed.’
- ‘The aqueous extract was lyophilized to obtain a powder.’
- ‘A recent approach to reduce the interlaboratory variation has been to prepare a calibration curve using calibrated lyophilized plasmas.’
- ‘Samples conserved in liquid nitrogen are lyophilized prior to analysis.’
- ‘The starch granules were lyophilized in a freeze-drier for 48 h.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.