Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for reticuloendothelial
- ‘Next is a chapter on haematopoietic and lymphoreticular disorders including haemolytic anaemias, leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.’
- ‘Microscopic features include ‘atypical lymphoreticular cells associated with necrosis and prominent vascular infiltration.’’
- ‘Overall, 19 of 20 appendixes removed at autopsy from cases of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with adequate numbers of lymphoid follicles had lymphoreticular accumulation of prion protein.’
- ‘Chromogranin was also demonstrated in the lymphoreticular system by immunohistochemistry.’
- ‘Instead, they simply have subclinical infection that is apparent in lymphoreticular tissue but does not progress.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.