One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of small leucocyte (white blood cell) with a single round nucleus, occurring especially in the lymphatic system.
- ‘The most common form affects white blood cells called lymphocytes.’
- ‘The two major types of white blood cells are neutrophils and lymphocytes.’
- ‘Lymphomas occur when a type of white blood cell - a lymphocyte - becomes cancerous.’
- ‘We also knew that blood cells, actually lymphocytes, white cells in the blood, contained those receptors.’
- ‘Prominent among these are the lymphocytes, white blood cells that are specialized to react to specific antigens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.