Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of small leucocyte (white blood cell) with a single round nucleus, occurring especially in the lymphatic system.
- ‘Prominent among these are the lymphocytes, white blood cells that are specialized to react to specific antigens.’
- ‘Lymphomas occur when a type of white blood cell - a lymphocyte - becomes cancerous.’
- ‘The two major types of white blood cells are neutrophils and lymphocytes.’
- ‘We also knew that blood cells, actually lymphocytes, white cells in the blood, contained those receptors.’
- ‘The most common form affects white blood cells called lymphocytes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.