Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the walls of the lymphatic vessels.
- ‘The syndrome may also include lymphangitis and painful lymphadenopathy.’
- ‘It was associated with lymphangitis, and his general practitioner initially treated him with a course of flucloxacillin.’
- ‘These uncommon forms of nodular lymphangitis may require referral to an appropriate subspecialist.’
- ‘If these signs occur in conjunction with lymphangitis, fever, malaise and anorexia, or if they increase over a baseline level, infection should be suspected.’
- ‘Superficial lymphangitis can be a presenting symptom of milker's nodule, and the diagnosis is suspected from the occupational history.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.