Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the walls of the lymphatic vessels.
- ‘The syndrome may also include lymphangitis and painful lymphadenopathy.’
- ‘It was associated with lymphangitis, and his general practitioner initially treated him with a course of flucloxacillin.’
- ‘If these signs occur in conjunction with lymphangitis, fever, malaise and anorexia, or if they increase over a baseline level, infection should be suspected.’
- ‘Superficial lymphangitis can be a presenting symptom of milker's nodule, and the diagnosis is suspected from the occupational history.’
- ‘These uncommon forms of nodular lymphangitis may require referral to an appropriate subspecialist.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.