Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disease affecting the lymph nodes.
- ‘Other common symptoms of syphilis at this stage include lymphadenopathy, fever, and arthralgias.’
- ‘Hepatitis, iritis, lymphadenopathy, and renal abnormalities also can be seen.’
- ‘However, all patients presented with leukocytosis, minimal lymphadenopathy, and splenomegaly.’
- ‘There was no clubbing, cyanosis, edema, arthritis, lymphadenopathy, or rash.’
- ‘General examination to exclude generalised lymphadenopathy or metastatic disease should then be undertaken.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.