Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of a number of small swellings in the lymphatic system where lymph is filtered and lymphocytes are formed.
- ‘No suspicious masses or lesions were identified in the lymph node or omental specimens.’
- ‘The lymph node and bone marrow biopsy specimens were tested by paraffin section immunohistochemistry.’
- ‘He was rushed to Balboa, where doctors began extensive tests, including a lymph node and bone marrow biopsy.’
- ‘A contiguous lymph node and a portion of jugular vein occluded by tumor thrombus were also resected.’
- ‘For example, a swollen lymph node in the groin may occur with an infection in the foot or leg.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.