One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jump in skating from the backward outside edge of one skate to the backward outside edge of the other, with one or more full turns in the air.
- ‘I decide to practice my axels, flips, salchows and lutzes.’
- ‘Kopac trains only for about 16 hours a week on ice and three hours off ice, but she has already mastered most of the triples and has a triple lutz / triple toe loop combination in both programs.’
- ‘Four years later, he landed his first triple jump, a salchow, but the triple lutz is his favorite jump.’
- ‘Serov finished third in the short with the only clean program, completing a triple lutz, triple axel and triple flip-triple toe loop combination.’
- ‘Volchkova already has one of the best triple lutzes in ladies skating as well as a triple lutz/triple toe combination.’
1930s: named after the Austrian skater Alois Lutz (1899–1918).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.