One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the corpus luteum.
- ‘After ovulation the empty follicle left behind in the ovary is remodelled, and it plays an important role in the second half of the menstrual cycle, known as the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle.’
- ‘Women who have low levels of progesterone in repeated menstrual cycles, diagnosed by blood tests and endometrial biopsy, have what is called a luteal phase defect.’
- ‘There is no such thing as a physiological cyst in a postmenopausal woman, therefore, because there are no follicles or luteal cysts in the postmenopausal ovary.’
- ‘It is secreted by the corpus luteum during pregnancy and by the ovaries during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.’
- ‘Other potential causes of androgen excess and menstrual irregularities include conditions unique to pregnancy, such as luteoma and a hyperactive luteal body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.