One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Exquisitely crafted in the shape of a large cobra, it had a broad hood spread out, with two large rubies on either side for eyes that glowed lustrously, like coals.’
- ‘When the paparazzi are snapping away and the lights are catching the mouth ‘just-so’ they should look lustrously lubed and ready for action.’
- ‘Only upon close inspection do visitors realize that the organic creatures bearing lustrously creamy skin are marble.’
- ‘One piece is a hollow pillar, which glows lustrously when a bulb is placed inside.’
- ‘Nicholson painted silver as lustrously as Van Dyck painted silk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.