One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His 1950s paperback on the case was given a cover of maximum luridness.’
- ‘No wonder we rarely saw our Uncle Donald - and who wants the weird luridness that The Gay Uncle seems to come built-in with in our family?’
- ‘It really does take away from the potential luridness of these horror movies.’
- ‘In any case, superficially Sirk's work has a pokerfaced luridness that has all but disappeared from our movies.’
- ‘Without soap-opera luridness or movie product-placement, it takes the listener a while to adjust to their low-impact pleasures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.