One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting the interval between the time at which the moon crosses a meridian and the time of high tide at that meridian.
- ‘We can find the lunitidal interval, and the establishment of the port by these observations.’
- ‘I just got one, and in order for it to show the correct tidal movements, I have to input the lunitidal interval.’
- ‘Tidal movements are displayed graphically based on your current latitude and longitude, and the lunitidal interval.’
- ‘These values should be sufficient information for watches that use the lunitidal interval to indicate high and low waters.’
- ‘The tide graph indicates tidal movement based on the Moon's transit over the meridian and the lunitidal interval.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.