One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having lungs, especially of a specified kind.‘lunged fish’in combination ‘his big-lunged female backing singer’
- ‘It was hardly a surprise for a one-lunged alcoholic riddled with cancer.’
- ‘The great-lunged session singer performs the opening theme tune, while my own voice can be heard on the end credits.’
- ‘The idea is to turn them into something that would kill them, like a non-lunged fish on land.’
- ‘The large-lunged Brady almost steals with show with her erotic acting.’
- ‘As volcanic activity slowed and oxygen output of plants declined, small-lunged dinosaurs had trouble adjusting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.