One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Alcoholic drink of poor quality.‘he was full of lunatic soup, judging by the empty bottle’
- ‘I'm living in a single, basic room with just a one-bar heater, a mantel radio, and a flagon of lunatic soup.’
- ‘Mike had overindulged in all of the various forms of lunatic soup.’
- ‘They seem to be a little less enthusiastic tonight with the lunatic soup.’
- ‘He had a bagful of lunatic soup.’
- ‘You don't have to taste it all to know whether it's good stuff or lunatic soup.’
- ‘I drink lunatic soup from autumn to spring so I don't feel the cold.’
- ‘"Why don't you mugs go and have another drink of lunatic soup?" I said.’
- ‘Only in the evening, after consuming six bottles of lunatic soup, did I become the fearless aquanaut you know and admire today.’
- ‘She was the girlfriend of a Californian dude whom he had got drunk on lunatic soup and shot.’
- ‘It was a week after the incident with the new Australians on the lunatic soup and there had been no contact with them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.