One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interval of time between two successive crossings of the meridian by the moon (roughly 24 hours and 50 minutes).
- ‘Based on lunar day of 24 hrs 50 minutes, will provide accurate indication of tide cycle.’
- ‘The moon's orbit, and hence the tidal bulges, are tilted relative to the earths equator, resulting in the 2 high waters per lunar day not being equal to each other.’
- ‘The length of the lunar day is thus identical to the length of its revolution around Earth.’
- ‘The lunar day is 50 minutes longer than a solar day because the moon revolves around the Earth in the same direction that the Earth rotates around its axis.’
- ‘Thus their ‘day’ would not be based on the movement of the Sun, a 24-hour cycle, but rather a lunar day, lasting 24 hours and 50 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.