Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation in which a lump is removed from the breast, typically when cancer is present but has not spread.
- ‘In addition, the cancer was no more likely to metastasise in women who had had a lumpectomy than in women who had had a mastectomy.’
- ‘An early stage cancer will probably involve a lumpectomy, removing the lump and the breast tissue around it.’
- ‘Researchers are focusing on cancer patients who have had lumpectomies because this procedure is easier to correct than mastectomy.’
- ‘It is important to remember that, at this point, the patient is facing a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy with possible axillary dissection.’
- ‘Most women with early breast cancer get offered a lumpectomy with radiation or a mastectomy.’
- ‘But then right after I came out, I think I found a lump in my breast that we thought was cancer, and I had to get a lumpectomy.’
- ‘Medical history included a lumpectomy of the same breast 20 years earlier.’
- ‘A fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the mass was performed followed by a lumpectomy with lymph node sampling.’
- ‘Following a mastectomy or lumpectomy, drains and drainage bags can be carried in the pouch.’
- ‘She made a positive choice to have a mastectomy rather than a lumpectomy to ensure the cancer did not spread.’
- ‘Following lumpectomy, local recurrence is usually at the surgical site and can be treated with mastectomy.’
- ‘Am I doing too many mastectomies versus lumpectomies?’
- ‘She underwent a lumpectomy and completed radiation therapy, 9 months and 6 months, respectively, prior to the development of the scalp lesions.’
- ‘Typically, when a woman has breast cancer, she undergoes a lumpectomy to excise the cancer.’
- ‘The five-year risk of cancer returning after a lumpectomy drops from 26% to 7% if the radiation treatment is used, a University of Oxford team found.’
- ‘One winter day an anxious young woman underwent a lumpectomy of her breast.’
- ‘These include diabetes, nipple piercings, lumpectomies or breast irradiation, the use of corticosteroids, having silicone breast implants, and being a heavy smoker.’
- ‘Due to lack of diagnostic information, the patient received cancer therapy that included a lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, and radiation therapy.’
- ‘Now not everybody is a candidate for what we call breast conservation, that is just doing a lumpectomy and radiation.’
- ‘If these nodes do not have cancer, you will most likely not have to have any more surgery after your lumpectomy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.