Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young urban man who cultivates an appearance and style of dress (typified by a beard and check shirt) suggestive of a rugged outdoor lifestyle.‘the baristas are all lumbersexuals’
- ‘The campaign is focused on bringing the outdoor, active lifestyle back into fashion, which caters directly to the lumbersexual trend.’
- ‘Nick, with his lumbersexual beard and hipster clothes, is, physically speaking, a modern male ideal.’
- ‘I just saw a lumbersexual with a man-bun and a waxed handlebar mustache.’
- ‘BuzzFeed unearthed some recent photos of the 30-year-old and dubbed him a "lumbersexual," due to his long, full beard and possible ability to build a cabin with his bare hands.’
- ‘A lumbersexual may appear to be a tough guy, but you can bet he put lots of thought into his outfit.’
Early 21st century: from lumberjack + sexual, on the model of metrosexual.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.