One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A warm, thick jacket, typically in a bright colour with a check pattern, of the kind worn by lumberjacks.
- ‘Greendale is Young's idea of Shangri-La, where lumberjackets are always in style and girls with far-out tree-hugger names grow up to be ecologically responsible cheerleaders instead of SUV-driving mall rats.’
- ‘He wore a lumberjacket and had a forehead that betrayed a wonderful sense of humor.’
- ‘Their fashion embarrassments involved medallions and leisure suits, ours were about greasy hair, Kodiaks and lumberjackets.’
- ‘The other drove a 1972 Dodge Duster and wore a Lumberjacket and Jeans.’
- ‘A lumberjacket that she believes could have assisted her in identifying the accused also apparently went missing while in the possession of the police, and its location is still unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.