One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place in which logs are sawn into timber; a sawmill.‘the waterfront was home to several lumber mills’
- ‘Other ventures, including lumber mills, have been less successful.’
- ‘His plan was to recycle waste wood from lumber mills into an environmentally benign, homegrown Alaskan product.’
- ‘At one time, Everett had the largest lumber mill in the world.’
- ‘Lumber mills will be processing trees the hurricane uprooted, which should help supply bounce back.’
- ‘The lumber mill closed three years ago, plunging the town into ruin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.