One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place in which logs are sawn into timber; a sawmill.‘the waterfront was home to several lumber mills’
- ‘At one time, Everett had the largest lumber mill in the world.’
- ‘Other ventures, including lumber mills, have been less successful.’
- ‘The lumber mill closed three years ago, plunging the town into ruin.’
- ‘Lumber mills will be processing trees the hurricane uprooted, which should help supply bounce back.’
- ‘His plan was to recycle waste wood from lumber mills into an environmentally benign, homegrown Alaskan product.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.