One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The procedure of taking fluid from the spine in the lower back through a hollow needle, usually done for diagnostic purposes.‘repeated lumbar punctures may be required’‘clear colourless fluid was obtained by lumbar puncture’
- ‘All patients had a lumbar puncture to obtain cerebrospinal fluid, to exclude other causes of coma.’
- ‘Or consider what gauge needle you should use to perform a lumbar puncture.’
- ‘After lumbar puncture, the least blood stained sample of cerebrospinal fluid should be protected from light and sent immediately to the laboratory for spectrophotometry.’
- ‘So I did the lumbar puncture to get spinal fluid.’
- ‘Reducing the failure rate in practice is therefore crucial if patients are to benefit from lumbar punctures with atraumatic needles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.