One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The procedure of taking fluid from the spine in the lower back through a hollow needle, usually done for diagnostic purposes.‘repeated lumbar punctures may be required’‘clear colourless fluid was obtained by lumbar puncture’
- ‘After lumbar puncture, the least blood stained sample of cerebrospinal fluid should be protected from light and sent immediately to the laboratory for spectrophotometry.’
- ‘Reducing the failure rate in practice is therefore crucial if patients are to benefit from lumbar punctures with atraumatic needles.’
- ‘All patients had a lumbar puncture to obtain cerebrospinal fluid, to exclude other causes of coma.’
- ‘So I did the lumbar puncture to get spinal fluid.’
- ‘Or consider what gauge needle you should use to perform a lumbar puncture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.