One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This led the Alliance to lukewarmly advocate airpower and little else.’
- ‘Theirs is a sequel film received lukewarmly by media snobs though quite popular based on box-office numbers.’
- ‘True believers, the genuinely pure of heart, exist in every faith, but the majority generally just goes along lukewarmly out of cultural habit or material advantage.’
- ‘Let those who work lukewarmly be silent: what do they know of work dictated by inspiration?’
- ‘Overall, voters reacted only lukewarmly to negative ads and somewhat more warmly to positive ads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.