One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Overall, voters reacted only lukewarmly to negative ads and somewhat more warmly to positive ads.’
- ‘Let those who work lukewarmly be silent: what do they know of work dictated by inspiration?’
- ‘Theirs is a sequel film received lukewarmly by media snobs though quite popular based on box-office numbers.’
- ‘This led the Alliance to lukewarmly advocate airpower and little else.’
- ‘True believers, the genuinely pure of heart, exist in every faith, but the majority generally just goes along lukewarmly out of cultural habit or material advantage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.