One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm not sure whether the joke itself (the ludicrousness of '80s television) is a little thin, or whether I'm the wrong age to find the parody new and/or exciting.’
- ‘The possible ludicrousness of what I was doing can probably be expressed properly when I say that the bus passes by my house every day.’
- ‘Confronted with the sheer ludicrousness and futility of the whole system, we just don't know what to do.’
- ‘The ludicrousness of the whole situation and the fact that everything is completely out of control suddenly strikes me and I start to laugh hysterically.’
- ‘The ludicrousness of this assertion gives new life to the old line about some things being so preposterous it takes an educated person to believe them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.