One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's intellectual Ludditism of the most egregious kind.’
- ‘Religious protests such as these would nary warrant a mention normally, if not for a wave of religiously inspired Ludditism from an overzealous Vatican pressroom.’
- ‘We will defend this humanistic approach from charges both of intellectual Ludditism and political conservatism.’
- ‘Forms of Ludditism appeared in textile areas of Lombardy before the ‘Five Glorious Days,’ and anti-foreign feelings were expressed against Swiss companies in Salerno or, in September 1847, against porters from outside Livorno by its dock workers.’
- ‘How do we distinguish between prudent concerns and those premised merely upon Ludditism and junk science?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.