One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These days, Luddism has been re-branded as the embodiment of a backwards and foolish resistance to change, but with the proper context taken into account, the Luddites' cause looks quite noble.’
- ‘And in that sense, it's Tolkien's Luddism that defines The Lord of the Rings as not allegorical but escapist, since it's an attempt to imagine England without the very things that made England possible.’
- ‘Finally, I resent the accusation of Luddism levelled at objectors.’
- ‘It is not Luddism or facile anti-capitalism that will protect us from the Big Brother of the future, but a ruthlessly critical attitude toward regulation, and a staunch defence of freedom.’
- ‘I learned to appreciate the plain people, the pastoral nature of south-central Pennsylvania and the allure of Luddism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.