Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who competes in lucha libre wrestling.‘kids jumped into the ring and surrounded the luchadores to get their autographs’
- ‘Do you agree that the mystique of the luchadors is dead?’
- ‘Match begins with all luchadors brawling in and out of the ring.’
- ‘Some of the luchadors were really cool and some were real jerks.’
- ‘Having heard about the Mexican "luchadores enmascarados" films, which are genre movies starring masked wrestlers, I got curious about them.’
- ‘RVD has the physique of a heavyweight and the heart of a luchadore.’
- ‘You are handsome and proud in the tradition of many of the best Mexican luchadors and I look forward to each of your articles.’
- ‘The Lilliputian luchador always looks cool in his matching mask and tights.’
- ‘Director Rich Walton shares in the day-to-day lives of Dinamic and a few other luchadores who wrestle for the promotion as they prepare for a giant free-for-all.’
- ‘So, I'm watching these Mexican luchador wrestlers doing their thing, and I get tagged in and now it's my turn.’
- ‘Vendetta essentially emphasized different types of brawlers, i.e. cruiserweights, heavyweights, luchadores and other classes in between.’
- ‘The greatest luchador of all time, Mil Mascaras was "the Man of 1,000 masks" and even more moves.’
- ‘There are many game-type booths for the younger luchadors to test their skill at punching rotten melons.’
- ‘For those unaware, this is Napoleon Dynamite director Jared Hess' sophomore film starring Jack Black as a Mexican luchador.’
- ‘IT MAKES SENSE THAT A PROFESSIONAL wrestler who is expertly trained in submission wrestling, can fly like a luchador, and is technically proficient would be very popular.’
- ‘The diminutive luchador comes up through the floor of the stage and launches high into the air, setting the tone for the fast-paced action that is about to take place.’
- ‘Once things are being settled down somewhat I put on my finest luchador mask and pack my bags for my bus trip to the bright lights and big city of Bakersfield, California.’
- ‘There were 20-year veteran luchadors standing around looking at me like what did I do to earn this spot when they had been in the promotion forever?’
- ‘I was doing it because I did a lot of research on the luchadors [Mexican wrestlers] throughout history and all of them were totally hairless.’
- ‘Ever since Britney discovered the alcohols and the nicotines, and Christina got her backside out and started punching women in luchadore masks, "wholesome" hasn't really been stocked in the contemporary pop supermarket.’
- ‘The girl behind me in the queue was here because her grandfather made the masks and costumes for some of the luchadores.’
Spanish, fighter, wrestler.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.