One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of professional wrestling originating in Mexico, in which the contestants wear masks and use rapid, acrobatic techniques.‘wrestlers and fans discuss the main tenets of lucha libre and how these are reflected in their own lives’
- ‘You've obviously been influenced a lot by lucha libre and the puroresu styles of wrestling.’
- ‘The God of lucha libre, his popularity crossed over into a series of highly successful movies.’
- ‘Welcome to lucha libre, freestyle wrestling with a Bolivian twist.’
- ‘El Santo's success in the ring and on the screen also paved the way for several of his fellow countrymen to become lucha libre stars.’
- ‘In Mexico Santo is the most popular wrestler ever and the greatest lucha libre wrestler.’
- ‘Bill said that Ultimo is "still caught up in that lucha libre style" and that because Ultimo hasn't adjusted to the "WWE style", it has cost him some opportunities.’
- ‘Edward lived in a Mexican monastery where the cook was a fat mustachioed dude with a fondness for lucha libre wrestling.’
- ‘Yesterday Mark, Josecito, and I headed off to a boxing gym in midtown to be extras in a short film Tory Vazquez is making about lucha libre wrestlers.’
- ‘The next night, Friday, July 27, at midnight, it's lucha libre time.’
- ‘ColorLines caught up with him recently at his home base in San Francisco, where he's surrounded by Tijuana velvet artwork, lucha libre memorabilia, and other pop culture artifacts.’
Spanish, ‘freestyle wresting’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.