One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oil used for lubricating an engine or component.‘the loose rod caused lubricating oil to leak out’
- ‘Cutting and lubricating oils and greases can block skin pores.’
- ‘The ship was carrying 450 tonnes of fuel oil, 55 tonnes of marine diesel and 10 tonnes of lubricating oil.’
- ‘Its units rotate on air bearings and hence require no lubricating oil; maintenance costs are said to be lower as a result.’
- ‘From the main oil duct, the main bearings are directly supplied with lubricating oil.’
- ‘I use a lubricating oil from a pump-style oilcan to keep the file wet during use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.