Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun], [often as modifier] A 4G mobile communications standard.‘users of the LTE network should see data speeds that are up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network’
- ‘The first generation of LTE will offer speeds at up to 100 Mbps, according to the Commission.’
- ‘In fact, he thinks no one will "win," and just like now where "multiple technologies exist for economic reasons," it'll be the same thing with WiMax and LTE.’
- ‘They would be the first UK network to run LTE services.’
- ‘And of course, the open policy will go for the fast LTE network as well.’
- ‘"Technology is often over-hyped, but in the case of LTE, we've been pleased every step of the way by the capabilities."’
Early 21st century: abbreviation of Long Term Evolution.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.