One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of veld situated at a low altitude, especially the low-lying region of north-eastern South Africa and Swaziland.as modifier ‘a lowveld cattle disease’
- ‘But the lowveld habitat is so dense that you are seldom aware of your neighbours.’
- ‘One of the best known and most esteemed fish species of the lowveld and bushveld, the Mozambique tilapia, also called the blue kurper or bream in Zimbabwe is now threatened in South Africa.’
- ‘Nearer the coast there is a low-lying plain called the eastern lowveld.’
- ‘Vast areas of Mpumalanga lowveld were turned into banana plantations and thus did we export the Lowveld's once exciting scenery.’
- ‘It was expected that refugees would cross into the lowveld and adjacent areas in large numbers from flood-stricken Mozambique, where there was cholera at present.’
Partly translating Afrikaans laeveld, from lae ‘low’ + veld (see veld).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.