One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At times I continue to experience those feelings of lowness and depression which at times is very difficult for me and those closest to me.’
- ‘Criticise the shortness of her skirts and the lowness of her top.’
- ‘In regard to its meanings, it indicates lowness, coarseness, or commonplace mentality.’
- ‘It was also possible to walk on the sands as far as the spitals on Filey Brig, a statement which would give visitors an idea of the extraordinary lowness of the tide.’
- ‘What about the callousness and lowness of driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs in sufficient quantity soon to prove fatal?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.