One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In regard to its meanings, it indicates lowness, coarseness, or commonplace mentality.’
- ‘At times I continue to experience those feelings of lowness and depression which at times is very difficult for me and those closest to me.’
- ‘Criticise the shortness of her skirts and the lowness of her top.’
- ‘What about the callousness and lowness of driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs in sufficient quantity soon to prove fatal?’
- ‘It was also possible to walk on the sands as far as the spitals on Filey Brig, a statement which would give visitors an idea of the extraordinary lowness of the tide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.