One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plants of relatively simple or primitive characteristics, especially those which are not vascular plants, i.e. algae, mosses, liverworts, and sometimes fungi.
- ‘It has also been found in lower plants, green algae, and diatoms.’
- ‘Stromules are widespread in higher and lower plants.’
- ‘This has enforced a ‘dry’ mode of pollination in contrast to the motile ‘wet’ mode of gamete penetration still found in lower plants and some primitive gymnosperms (cycads, Gingko).’
- ‘In many lower plants, the gametophyte phase is the dominant plant form; for example, the familiar mosses are the gametophyte form of the plants.’
- ‘Abscisic acid functions as a stress hormone in higher and lower plants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.