One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lower classes of society.
- ‘After the turn of the century, they joined the middle classes in their efforts to extend this norm to the lower orders of society.’
- ‘These horizontal connections within the elite also had to be supplemented by vertical connections with the lower orders of Roman society.’
- ‘Other writers stressed the need for a samurai to set an example to the lower orders of society by his conduct.’
- ‘And what of his call for moral standards in society, especially among the lower orders?’
- ‘The spread of the meeting from the ruling elites to the lower orders was closely linked to the rise of the voluntary association in industrialised societies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.