Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A customized vehicle with hydraulic jacks that allow the chassis to be lowered nearly to the road.
- ‘He isn't only interested in hot rods and low-riders.’
- ‘It's this combination of low-rider and beautifully hand-crafted hot rod.’
- ‘I'm not really into low-riders or chrome letters or stuff like that.’
- ‘Just then, Dustin pulled up in his dark blue low-rider truck.’
- ‘Today's comparably visible low-rider subculture continues to articulate the pachuco heritage in imagery and in letters to the editors of Low Rider Magazine.’
- ‘The road was bumpy and Mike's low-rider was taking it with a little bounce.’
- ‘He provided a canary-yellow low-rider for the film Ali G Indahouse, and landed a role in one of the shoot-out scenes.’
- ‘Farther down in the article, the interviewee waxed poetic about the Sunday afternoon parade of low-riders down Federal Boulevard.’
- ‘Once in America, things immediately start going from bad to worse: Raymond steals a pimped-out low-rider from the leader of the local Latino gang, then their contact gives them the wrong address for their mark.’
- ‘In preparation for summer, corporate monoliths like Sony and Warner Brothers try to market some essential singles that'll have all the low-riders bouncing until September.’
- ‘The Chicago-Lake intersection was teeming with indestructible hip-hop kids and nervous cops, and all around me, tough guys and gum-chewing flirts were nodding to the rhythm of their bass-booming vans, low-riders, and convertibles.’
- ‘He even complained about not being able to drive to low-rider and left on his own. - Video package showing Brock's past in the WWE history, including him beating Hogan, Rock, Taker, Angle, Show, Cena, and clips of him annihilating’
- ‘He dress is typically casual - grey sweater and black pants; his cars, a black blacked-out low-rider Tahoe SUV (customized with a humidor, among other goodies) and a black Mercedes S500, are both luxurious but not flashy.’
- ‘As usual, you can simply drive around and just enjoy the radio playing in your low-rider, or any other vehicle you can ‘jack from the streets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.