One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Vulgar or sordid in mind or character.
sordid, improper, low, mean, bad, wrong, evil, wicked, iniquitous, immoral, sinfulView synonyms
- ‘And two low-minded holders of high office told a former government press secretary they had reason to believe the senator was a British agent and asked him to find out more.’
- ‘What the ignorant see as evil, the enlightened see as the actions of low-minded and immature individuals.’
- ‘Independent owners, of course, can be as high- or low-minded as any chain, and just as acquisitive.’
- ‘You, my friend, are obviously a low-minded loser who tries to make himself interesting by trying to write a ridiculous story about a subject about which you don't know anything.’
- ‘The most educated society ever is also the most inarticulate and low-minded.’
- ‘Many, no doubt, will be low-minded thrill-seekers.’
- ‘If the voters demand a clean election, the low-minded, unscrupulous candidates will be eliminated naturally through competition; the virtuous politicians will then get elected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.