One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1attributive Relating or belonging to people who earn low wages.‘low-income families’‘low-income housing’
- ‘We believe in real low-income housing where families can afford to live.’
- ‘Little discussion is devoted to reducing high marginal tax rates faced by low-income taxpayers.’
- ‘Growing housing unaffordability for low-income families also affects learning.’
- ‘The Housing Authority is responsible for building rental apartments for the low-income families.’
- ‘One measure introduced by the government to help low-income families with childcare costs is the Working Families Tax Credit.’
- 1.1 (of a country) having a low national income.‘low-income African states’
- ‘In global terms the divide between high-income and low-income countries will be increased.’
- ‘Tuberculosis is among the top ten causes of global mortality and affects low-income countries in particular.’
- ‘The vast majority of illegal software copying takes place in low-income countries.’
- ‘The largest protests are in low-income countries and the majority of those involved are themselves poor.’
- ‘In low-income countries, the people's plight has been particularly severe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.