One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A letter expressing romantic love for the recipient.‘they exchanged love letters and photographs’figurative ‘the film is his magnificent love letter to the slapstick genre’
- ‘A lot of it, according to his family, is hate mail, but some of it is support mail and undoubtedly, some of it's probably a few love letters.’
- ‘The box was filled with love letters that Sean wrote for his future wife in hopes of giving them to her as a gift on their wedding night.’
- ‘He burned all his loves letters from his old girlfriends.’
- ‘I've been rereading some of the love letters he wrote me that I saved.’
- ‘The documentary is essentially a love letter to the team's long-suffering fans.’
- ‘I listened to my favorite CDs and re-read old love letters from my husband before finding a safe place to keep them.’
- ‘This album is essentially a love letter to her husband, it gushes and coos in a way that would have once been alien to the popstar, who used to emanate a certain aloof dignity.’
- ‘I received some wonderful love letters from him, but they only increased my longing for him and the despair I felt.’
- ‘I'm still thinking about sending him a love letter sealed with a cherry lip gloss kiss.’
- ‘My sister found a bag of love letters that my grandpa had sent to my grandma during his deployment in World War 2.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.