One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'd rather be comfy and endure a little prodding than be lousily uncomfortable the entire flight.’
- ‘My advice is to call them up and tell them exactly how lousily you were treated.’
- ‘I was feeling really lousily depressed for a while there.’
- ‘He admits to some annoyance when a tenor or soprano ‘who has been singing lousily all evening gets up there and hits a high note and brings the house down.’’
- ‘It would be clear to most readers that the government has set itself a mission impossible with this highly controversial lousily drafted law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.