One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casual, comfortable clothing suitable for wearing at home.
- ‘The lingerie retailer unveiled the ‘Pink’ line of cotton loungewear and sleepwear targeting 18-to 22-year-olds on Thursday.’
- ‘The store is where I get all my modern-day loungewear.’
- ‘Their loungewear array consists of pyjamas and robes.’
- ‘That's a new experience for 25-year apparel industry warrior, president of the $10-million men's loungewear, swimwear, and woven and knit shirt manufacturer.’
- ‘Candycanes and smiling gingerbread men were printed all over the cotton loungewear.’
- ‘When we speak of loungewear, it includes both men and women.’
- ‘They also have a loungewear line that might appeal to classic long board cruisers.’
- ‘Out from under the private label covers, the company has expanded beyond its production roots, which include woven and knit shirts, sleepwear and loungewear, into the bustling world of top-tier brand development.’
- ‘The idea is not that new: other manufacturers have brought out loungewear, although admittedly they have not positioned their designs as sophisticated, premium entries.’
- ‘Flamboyant shirts are going to be loungewear or clubwear - not replace standard business clothing or Friday dressing.’
- ‘The company also produces underwear and loungewear.’
- ‘‘It made sense to me,’ she said of her decision to design loungewear and undergarments.’
- ‘Playboy men's underwear and loungewear made their debut at a famous store in the U.S. late last year.’
- ‘Nice, comfortable loungewear includes pants (which can have either an elastic waistband or drawstring) and a matching sweatshirt, zipper shirt, or button down shirt, in comfortable fabrics such as cotton or flannel.’
- ‘Inspired by the elegance of the kaftan, the range is both flattering to wear and practical as many designs double as loungewear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.