One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casual, comfortable clothing suitable for wearing at home.
- ‘Nice, comfortable loungewear includes pants (which can have either an elastic waistband or drawstring) and a matching sweatshirt, zipper shirt, or button down shirt, in comfortable fabrics such as cotton or flannel.’
- ‘The company also produces underwear and loungewear.’
- ‘They also have a loungewear line that might appeal to classic long board cruisers.’
- ‘That's a new experience for 25-year apparel industry warrior, president of the $10-million men's loungewear, swimwear, and woven and knit shirt manufacturer.’
- ‘Candycanes and smiling gingerbread men were printed all over the cotton loungewear.’
- ‘The store is where I get all my modern-day loungewear.’
- ‘The lingerie retailer unveiled the ‘Pink’ line of cotton loungewear and sleepwear targeting 18-to 22-year-olds on Thursday.’
- ‘Out from under the private label covers, the company has expanded beyond its production roots, which include woven and knit shirts, sleepwear and loungewear, into the bustling world of top-tier brand development.’
- ‘Their loungewear array consists of pyjamas and robes.’
- ‘Inspired by the elegance of the kaftan, the range is both flattering to wear and practical as many designs double as loungewear.’
- ‘The idea is not that new: other manufacturers have brought out loungewear, although admittedly they have not positioned their designs as sophisticated, premium entries.’
- ‘Flamboyant shirts are going to be loungewear or clubwear - not replace standard business clothing or Friday dressing.’
- ‘‘It made sense to me,’ she said of her decision to design loungewear and undergarments.’
- ‘When we speak of loungewear, it includes both men and women.’
- ‘Playboy men's underwear and loungewear made their debut at a famous store in the U.S. late last year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.