One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Louisiana or its inhabitants.‘Louisianan soul food’
- ‘Her mother-in-law dissects the most Louisianan of all vegetables, snap beans.’
- ‘One well-known Louisianan chef was bringing a piece of modern Acadia to the old country.’
- ‘The Council for the Development of French in Louisiana recently reintroduced French into many Louisianan schools.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Louisiana.‘a Louisianan who had been loyal to the Southern cause’
- ‘The amiable Louisianan oversees repairs at the critical canal.’
- ‘The homesick Louisianan decided to give a party with food and music from his home state.’
- ‘Louisianans' basic ingredients of bean and rice dishes were easy to store over relatively long periods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.