One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Louisiana or its inhabitants.‘Louisianan soul food’
- ‘One well-known Louisianan chef was bringing a piece of modern Acadia to the old country.’
- ‘The Council for the Development of French in Louisiana recently reintroduced French into many Louisianan schools.’
- ‘Her mother-in-law dissects the most Louisianan of all vegetables, snap beans.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Louisiana.‘a Louisianan who had been loyal to the Southern cause’
- ‘Louisianans' basic ingredients of bean and rice dishes were easy to store over relatively long periods.’
- ‘The amiable Louisianan oversees repairs at the critical canal.’
- ‘The homesick Louisianan decided to give a party with food and music from his home state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.