One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ALS
- ‘Onset of nerve-cell damage in rats from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Lou Gehrig's disease - has been delayed by injection of stem cells.’
- ‘Motor Neuron Disease is known in Canada and in the United States as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease.’
- ‘Two percent of patients with myasthenia gravis or Lou Gehrig's disease can arrive at clinic with neck weakness but the other problems of these diseases soon begin.’
- ‘Also called Lou Gehrig's disease, ALS is a progressive, fatal neurological disease affecting as many as 20,000 Americans, with 5,000 new cases occurring in the United States each year.’
- ‘The researchers also speculated that disturbances in p53 may also play a role in some forms of Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease.’
1940s: named after H. L. Gehrig (see Gehrig, Lou).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.