One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The land of the lotus eaters.‘people have searched long and hard for Homer's lotus land’See lotus eater
- 1.1 A place regarded as conducive to a carefree or idyllic lifestyle.‘they are not the only ones who want to spend their golden years in Canada's lotus land’
- ‘For the disenchanted lover of Americana, this lotus land was now ‘a hellish plateau for a thousand souls dying every day.’’
- ‘This is the sort of matter-of-fact lotus land where a high quality of life is considered an inalienable right, where stress is considered bad karma, and where ‘going with the flow ‘is usually a reference to kayaking.’’
- ‘I guess L.A. lotus land is often used as a symbol of this kind of existence.’
- 1.1 A place regarded as conducive to a carefree or idyllic lifestyle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.