One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cire perdue
- ‘The company has added two lost wax bronze sculptures, ‘The Kiss’ and ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ and a new bronze resin sculpture, ‘The Pipers,’ to its collection.’
- ‘This would seal the clay and void the lead in the same fashion as ‘cire perdu’ or lost wax for one-off casts.’
- ‘The artefact was made using the lost wax process which, according to him, is being forgotten by today's generation.’
- ‘The lost wax method is known all over the world.’
- ‘The lost wax method technique is divided into five separate stages, namely 1) creation of the wax model 2) forming the earthen mold 3) melting the wax from the mold ‘the lost wax method’ 4) casting of the mold and 5) finishing and filing of the bronze statue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.