One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for FitzGerald contraction
- ‘George FitzGerald was a brilliant mathematical physicist who today is known by most scientists as one of the proposers of the FitzGerald - Lorentz contraction in the theory of relativity.’
- ‘The Lorentz contraction was real, whereas the Einstein contraction was relative.’
- ‘The paper discusses the problem of the Lorentz contraction in accelerated systems, in the context of the special theory of relativity.’
- ‘Would the radius of such a window contract in line with the same equations of Lorentz contraction?’
- ‘If this is correct, then presumably the combination of Newtonian mechanics with the Lorentz contraction would yield predictions in circumstances in which special relativity would remain mute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.