Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for FitzGerald contraction
- ‘If this is correct, then presumably the combination of Newtonian mechanics with the Lorentz contraction would yield predictions in circumstances in which special relativity would remain mute.’
- ‘The paper discusses the problem of the Lorentz contraction in accelerated systems, in the context of the special theory of relativity.’
- ‘Would the radius of such a window contract in line with the same equations of Lorentz contraction?’
- ‘George FitzGerald was a brilliant mathematical physicist who today is known by most scientists as one of the proposers of the FitzGerald - Lorentz contraction in the theory of relativity.’
- ‘The Lorentz contraction was real, whereas the Einstein contraction was relative.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.