One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Scotland) the judges of the Court of Session.
- ‘When Sir Alexander Gibson was made a Lord of Session in 1621, he took the title of Lord Durie.’
- ‘The Lords of Session set themselves up as the ultimate arbitrators in matters affecting the feudal courts as well.’
- ‘The first viscount was a Lord of Session in 1629, one of the judges of the Scottish Court of Session, or High Court.’
- ‘His son Robert, president of the Lords of Session, and grandson, John, were both executed by the Covenanters for their support of Montrose and the royalist cause.’
- ‘He held the office of a Lord of Session between 1661 and 1664.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.