One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minor lord.‘lordlings do not argue with the Prince of Wales’
- ‘As political authority in the West fragmented, the Gothic kings continued and extended this system, and their lordlings under them did likewise.’
- ‘They assumed the identities of barbarian lordlings, and united the Republic's enemies against them.’
- ‘Glancing at himself, it suddenly dawned on the swordsman that he looked like a lordling.’
- ‘For that matter, most of the local lordlings would have fits if the army intruded upon their private domains.’
- ‘He looked at me, ‘Have you made your choice yet, lordling?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.