One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) the cabinet minister presiding at the Privy Council.
- ‘The holder of the Office of Lord President of the Council acts as Presiding officer of the Privy Council.’
- ‘He served under Prime Minister Churchill as Lord President of the Council and died a few weeks after he left the post in October 1940.’
- ‘As Lord President of the Council in 1925-9 he was a strong supporter of the concept of dominion status, and the Statute of Westminster of 1931 owed much to his inspiration.’
- ‘It all started with the first baronet, who was Lord President of the Council and a most distinguished judge.’
- ‘He was also Lord Privy Seal and Lord President of the Council for most of the period 1957-64.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.