One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Lord Commissioner
- ‘While the General Assembly is meeting, the Lord High Commissioner is treated as if a Regent.’
- ‘Charles is Lord High Commissioner of the General Assembly.’
- ‘He held the office of Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1711.’
- ‘She has the power to appoint a Lord High Commissioner to represent her and to give two speeches on her behalf at the General Assembly.’
- ‘Soon afterwards, His Grace the Lord High Commissioner was announced, and the whole assemblage rose and received him standing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.