One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The principal Law Officer of the Crown in Scotland.
- ‘He served as Solicitor General and Lord Advocate for Scotland during the last Conservative government.’
- ‘Since devolution, the nomination of Lord Advocate has to be debated and approved by the Scottish Parliament.’
- ‘As Lord Advocate he is a member of the Government and goes in and out of office with the Government.’
- ‘A suitable case must be identified for appeal to challenge this and a Lord Advocate's reference must be pursued in Scotland.’
- ‘However, that legal argument was dismissed during a Lord Advocate's review of the verdict in Edinburgh last month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.