One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My family completely lost its home, and all its contents to looters and pillagers.’
- ‘Too often those efforts have been thwarted by criminals and looters - literally stealing copper cable from power lines.’
- ‘Bandits and looters continue to bring down pylons carrying high voltage cables out in the desert road.’
- ‘Hospitals, struggling to care for casualties, have been hit by looters stealing equipment, medicines and even beds.’
- ‘In other districts, vigilantes set up roadblocks and patrolled neighbourhoods to deter thieves and looters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.