One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A removable fitted cloth cover for a chair or sofa.North American term slipcover
- ‘This arm chair is now supplied with a removable and washable loose cover.’
- ‘Have your soft furnishings such as curtains, loose covers and cushions professionally cleaned.’
- ‘The book covers the entire spectrum of fabrics, from wools and velvets to suedes and leathers, and also considers the different components of soft furnishings including curtains, cushions, loose covers and bed dressings.’
- ‘If you are determined to choose a light colour then avoid leather and think about loose covers and arm caps which can be washed or dry cleaned and consider buying a spare set of covers.’
- ‘It generally takes a full four days for a student to learn how to make a loose cover with a skirt and box cushion for an armchair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.