One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of sewing or knitting in which each stitch incorporates a free loop of thread, for ornament or to give a thick pile.
- ‘I ADORE the loop stitch. I'm not sure I'd make a whole garment out of loops, but a few rows here and there are so much fun!’
- ‘The loop stitch approach is very different from ordinary hand-sewing.’
- ‘Loop stitch is an interesting knitting stitch pattern that is a fun way to work a fringe-like element into a knitting project.’
- ‘Make sure the loop stitching on the underside is covering the hem raw edge.’
- ‘The suede lining on the back of the belt helps it to hold its position on your waist, and also hides the cartridge loop stitching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.